Could we remind parents that they should not park in the lane alongside the school as this causes an obstruction for vehicles entering and leaving the school.
A number of incidents have recently occurred which have almost led to accidents. The police have recently been to school and are monitoring parking in the lane. Parents are also reminded not to drive into the school car park.
How to park safely
You can help by doing the following:
- park away from school gates to reduce congestion
- keep clear of zig zags, school entrances, dropped kerbs, junctions and residents’ driveways
- stop for a school crossing patrol when asked
- don’t park on pavements in a way which stops pedestrians, disabled users or parents with prams/pushchairs from using the pavement
- don’t park on corners – this will make sure our children can see cars and drivers can see our children
- don’t stop on school ‘keep clear’ markings or safer crossing place
- don’t block a road which could prevent emergency vehicle access
- don’t stop in the middle of the road to drop your child off – this makes it dangerous for children