People who suffer from nut allergies can develop a severe, potentially life-threatening allergic reaction. If someone has a nut allergy, it is not just eating nuts that can cause a severe reaction. It could also be smelling the breath of someone who has had nuts or being touched on the skin by them. This could trigger anaphylactic shock, which can cause breathing and swallowing difficulties.
We cannot have nuts in school in any form, so we ask that there are no nut products brought in for packed lunches, snacks or birthday treats. This could be for example:
Peanut butter / chocolate spread sandwiches,
Some cereal bars,
Cakes and biscuits that contain nuts,
Sauces that contain nuts.
This list is not exhaustive so please check the packaging of products closely. We appreciate this is an extra thing for you to check, but hope that you will understand the importance of this and support us in trying to be a ‘Nut Free School’.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Mrs Summerfield.