Design & Technology at Copeland Road
Our DT leader is Mrs. Musgrave
Our DT governor is George Smith
Children at Copeland Road are taught Design and Technology in blocks throughout the year. This allows children to gain a deeper understanding of the topics covered. Children will use a range of resources to develop their knowledge and understanding that is integral to their learning and develop their understanding of Design & Technology. Children will learn how to use the design, make and evaluate process to create their designs.
Our Design and Technology intent statement
When children leave Copeland Road to attend secondary school, we would like them to be able to:
- We would like our children to have the creativity and imagination, to design and make products that solve real and relevant problems within a variety of contexts, considering their own and others’ needs, wants and values.
- We want our children to have developed their thinking and questioning skills,
- We would like our children to have transferable critical thinking skills to use in other subjects / other disciplines such as mathematics, science, engineering, computing and art.
- We would like our children to become innovators and risk-takers.
- Develop the creative, technical and practical expertise needed to perform everyday tasks confidently and to participate successfully in an increasingly technological world
- Build and apply a repertoire of knowledge, understanding and skills in order to design and make high-quality prototypes and products for a wide range of users and critique, evaluate and test their ideas and products and the work of others.
- Understand and apply the principles of nutrition and learn how to cook.
The long-term plan for Design and Technology is below as well as the National Curriculum. There may be changes to the long-term plan as we continue to recover our curriculum after National lockdowns.
If you require any further information about Design & Technology at our school, please contact Mrs Musgrave via the school office.