Art & Design at Copeland Road
Our Art leader is Miss Crawford
Our Art governor is Mrs Sarah Dailey
Children at Copeland Road are taught Art and Design in blocks throughout the year. This allows children to gain a deeper understanding of the topics covered. Children will use a range of resources to develop their knowledge and understanding that is integral to their learning and develop their understanding of Art & Design. The children will develop a range of techniques in drawing, sculpting designing making and evaluating creations that they make.
When children leave Copeland Road to attend secondary school, we would like them to be able to:
- Have the opportunity to record from first-hand experience and from imagination.
- Develop opportunities to select their own ideas for use in their work.
- Develop creativity and imagination through a range of complex activities.
- develop the ability to control materials, tools and techniques;
- become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques
- Develop increasing confidence in the use of visual and tactile elements and materials.
- evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design
- Know about great artists, craft makers, sculptors, architects and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
The long-term plan for Art & Design is below as well as the National Curriculum. There may be changes to the long-term plan as we continue to recover our curriculum after National lockdowns.
If you require any further information about Art & Design at our school, please contact Miss Crawford via the school office.