PE and School Sports Apprentice required from November 2020
The Governors of Copeland Road Primary School are seeking to appoint a passionate, committed Sports Apprentice to join our successful, dedicated staff team in our welcoming and caring school.
Post Title: L3 TA through PE Standards Apprentice working towards qualification as a Teaching Assistant Level 3.
Hours: 37 hours per week Term Time Only for 15 months
Responsible to: The Head teacher, under the day-to-day management and leadership of the Mentor.
Area Across the school: as required
Salary Range: £6,474 first year and £6,474 – £13,603 second year 15 month contract
We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspirational apprentice who is motivated to learn and demonstrate high expectations for all children through a stimulating learning environment. The successful applicant will need to be willing to make a valuable contribution all aspects of school life.
We can offer a supportive, friendly and dedicated staff team working in an inclusive and welcoming school with enthusiastic children and parents. There will be very good opportunities for personal and professional development.
To work under the instruction/guidance of senior/teaching staff to support the delivery of quality learning and teaching and to help raise standards of achievement for all pupils, particularly in PE.
To encourage the participation of pupils in the social and academic processes of the school, and to enable pupils to become more independent learners.
To encourage and support the participation of pupils in curricular and extra-curricular PE.
To undertake work/care/support programmes to enable access to learning for pupils and to assist the teachers in the management of the pupils, the classroom and the outdoor environment.
General Duties and Responsibilities – comprehensive training will be provided to enable the apprentice to work progressively towards these general duties and responsibilities
- Work in partnership with teachers, staff and other professional agencies to provide effective support with learning activities.
- Awareness of and work within school policies and procedures.
- Ability to present oneself as a role model to pupils in speech, dress, behaviour and attitude.
- Support pupils to understand instructions, support independent learning and inclusion of all pupils.
- Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress.
- Support the teacher in behaviour management and keeping pupils on task based on the expectations of individual pupils
- Support learning by arranging/providing resources for lessons/activities under the direction of the teacher.
- Support the work of other staff and volunteers in the school.
- Support the use of ICT in the curriculum.
- Assist in escorting and supervising pupils on educational visits and out of school activities where appropriate.
- Assist with the supervision of pupils within and out of lesson times, including before and after school and at playtimes / lunchtimes.
- Assist with the organisation, storage and upkeep of PE resources,
- Support children’s learning through play and planned learning activities with regard for the principles of Outdoor Play and Learning (OPAL) and the National Curriculum for PE.
- Maintenance of a clean, safe and tidy learning environment, both in and out of doors.
- Support pupils in developing and implementing their own personal and social development.
- Provide pastoral care and support to sick and injured children, taking appropriate action as necessary, ensuring that parents and school staff are fully informed of incidents and accidents.
- Maintain accident records as required.
- Prepare and present displays.
Application Packs and details are available from: email@example.com
Please return your completed application form and a brief covering letter to the school. (CVs are not accepted)
Contact M Scollen on 01388 832576 for further details about the application packs and the Headteacher for further details about the post.
Closing date for return of applications: 12pm (noon) on Friday 25th September
Interviews will be held on the week beginning 28/09/20.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to the receipt of an Enhanced DBS clearance, safer recruitment procedures and satisfactory references.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
This post is not open to job share.
Copeland Road Primary School