The following are the main contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disability at our school:
Mr Robin Nodding is the Head Teacher
Mrs Lindsey Kidd is the Deputy Head Teacher and the designated Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO).
Mrs Val Vayro is the designated Special Educational Needs Governor.
Mrs Lindsey Kidd (SENCO)
Mrs Kidd works closely with all school staff, parents, outside agencies and colleagues to ensure that all children at Copeland Road Primary School reach their full potential. She has the responsibility of co-ordinating the provision made for individual children with Special Educational Needs, Social and Emotional Needs, More Able and Talented Needs and Looked after Children’s Needs. She also supports all SEN children and families through transition, working closely with multi-agencies and partnerships to ensure that their learning journey is a happy and successful one.
It is the SENCO’s role to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEN policy
- Liaise with the relevant Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEN
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEN support
- Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively
- Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEN
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEN pupils up to date
- Work with the head teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements
If you would like to discuss any SEND requirements or our Local Offer in detail, please contact the school to arrange an appointment with Mrs Kidd.