The role of an e-Cadet is to act as our online safety expert. They have the important task of presenting online safety tasks to their peers and together the whole school complete valuable lessons on cyber safety. Their work is then passed onto the team at e-Cadets HQ for approval.
Our team of e-Cadets are:
Missions so far
To raise the profile of the e-Cadets and promote the important message around the safe use of the internet, the e-Cadets launched an e-safety poster competition. We received some fantastic entries and the e-Cadets had a difficult task deciding on the winners.
The e-Cadets introduced themselves to the parents in one of our recent assemblies. The e-Cadets had the task of promoting internet safety through the use of a parenting magazine called ‘Digital Parenting’, which each parent was given a copy of.
The e-Cadets recommended certain parts of the magazine, their recommendations included:
- Page 7 – What is digital resilience? ‘It allows someone using the internet to recognise when they are at risk.’
- Page 14 – Are you an over-sharent? ‘This explains about over sharing information about your child.’
- Page 16 – Once upon a virtual time. ‘ Tommy the tablet and Sally the smartphone. They are characters created to teach online safety.’
- Page 28 – Keep out! ‘Criminals are finding ways to get you and your family to part with your personal details. This will give you ways to stop them!’
- Page 30 – Social media, body image and the pressure to look just right! ‘ How to find the right balance.’
- Page 41 – Help at hand! ‘Find information on how to report and set privacy and parental controls.’